kitchen design software/Kitchen Planner
Kitchen design could be a very complex task but yet its an amazingly interesting hobby. You don’t have to be a genius in graphics or designing to plan your kitchen yourself. All you need is some basics and imagine your kitchen which is beautiful and yet functional.You will need to dedicate some time,but believe it’s totally worth it.
Things you can do With Kitchen design software.
1. Place Cabinets – suitable to your need,hence your kitchen will be user-friendly and amazingly functional
2. Play with colors – check with your favorite colors and select wall color, appliance color and preview your dream kitchen.
3. Choose the type of cabinet doors – from range of pattern wood to high gloss etc. Check color combinations etc.
4. Check for an estimate – Size of kitchen you would actually be needing and hence spend your money wisely.
Here are the basics when you plan to design your kitchen.
1. Measure the walls – Height,length
2. Position the windows – Width and height of windows,Distance from wall corners
3. Draw layout of your kitchen – straight,L shaped,U-shaped,Parallel or any shape(think out of the box)
4. Determine the sink area – check for drainage
5. Determine the cooking area – check for duct ability and place cook top
6. Start placing floor cabinets – set of drawer unit,shelves cabinet,corner cabinet etc.
7. Start Placing wall cabinets – Top hung,shelves cabinet,open shelves etc.
8. Put tall storage unit – (optional) only if you really need extra storage
9. Determine appliance area – Check for power and ease of user accessibility
10. Play with accessories – Wall hangings,corners,hooks etc.
When you have all these then probably its time to check your computer skills. Download any of these software and be guided to use them. Some of them are not open source(free to download), but you can try your luck. The one which I have tried and it is open source is Alno Kitchen planner. I have uploaded a short kitchen planner tutorial on youtube, which can be helpful. While most of the kitchen design software are used by professional Ikea kitchen planner & Alno kitchen planner are the most user-friendly and can be used by anyone with reasonable computer skills.They also offer great 3D viewing in one click.
Here is a list of top kitchen design software
Click on open source to download the free kitchen design software.Click on software name to find more details.
1. KCDW – Not an open Source – Extremely user-friendly,great 3D Viewing,offers high-end tools for professionals
2. ALNO – Open Source – Extremely user-friendly and great 3D Viewing
3. IKEA – Open Source – Extremely user-friendly and great 3D Viewing
4. Auto Cad – Meant for professionals only, offers high-end planning for architects and interior designers
5. Google Sketchup – Open Source – Pretty awesome viewing of output but need to spend a lot of time learning it. Something professionals do use and it covers all the planning your home needs.
Here are some other good ones – kitchen design software (check for free downloads if you could get some)
7. Sweet Home 3d
8. Turbo Floorplan home
9. 3D Home design by Live Cad
10. Art Shop X lite
Image courtesy : freedigitalphotos.net