Microwave oven have become a very common kitchen appliance in many of the urban households. It is convenient, fast and easy to maintain. Selecting a microwave oven could be confusing for first time buyers as the need may not be standard across all segment of buyers.
So here are the types of Microwave oven
- Basic Microwave
Lowest in Price.Meant for basic cooking and heating food.
- Microwave with Grill
Basic Microwave features + baking (for cakes etc.) + Grilling + Toasting
Rapid cooking with all Microwave with Grill features.Best to use for barbeques, tandoor, faster baking etc.
How should you Select a microwave oven.
- Your Use – How frequently you are going to use it and what type of microwave oven best suits you.
- Placement – In Which part of Kitchen you’ll place it. Ideally away from sink and stove/hob.Check for power source availability.
- Size – Based on your cooking habits and family size.For a family of four 20-25 ltr would be OK.
- Price – Don’t pay premium for features you are not going to use. Select a good brand but buy a value for money product.
- Control & Looks – Digital control panel,security features like child lock.
- Power Consumption – Based on wattage, appliances consume power.If you are going to use microwave oven daily then you must pay little extra but select the one which consumes lesser power.(Check for 5 star)
- Program – Programmable features like auto cook,keep warm etc.
- Auto shut off Feature – This is a must to avoid any mishap in kitchen.
- Turntable – Helps in ease of access and even cooking.
- Brands – This is where most of us go wrong. Below is a list of top microwave oven brands in India.Click on their names and surf through their product range,price,warranty,after sales service before buying one at the retail store.
Top microwave oven brands in India
- Morphy Richards