The efforts of early civilizations in farming to produce food paved the way for industries in this modern era. Indeed, humans did grow crops with natural methods initially, but with an increase in demand and the soil not being the same; the need for fertilizers increased.
India, being the agriculture activities based nation, the farmlands and crops needed many products including fertilizers.Thus came the fertilizer manufacturing factories in existence. Right now, the ministry in that is responsible for both chemical, as well as fertilizers, has paid real attention to increasing the overall production of the latter.
Here are the top ten fertilizer companies in India.
1. Coromandel International Ltd.: This was established in 1961, while the company has its corporate base in Secunderabad area of Andhra Pradesh, they have a good number of production assets. They manufacture phosphatic fertilizers in massive quantity. However, they are widely known for their expertise in producing specific nutrients such as organic fertilizers, sulfur pastilles, micronutrients and fertilizers that are water soluble.
2. National Fertilizers Ltd.: Established in 1974, it made a good name in the industry. With its corporate office at Noida, U.P. it has many factories across the entire nation. This government establishment manufactures more than 30 lakh tons of high-quality urea; every year. They are the primary producers of inorganic and organic chemical fertilizers.
3. Chambal Fertilizers & Chemical Ltd.: Founded in 1985, with head office in New Delhi. This ISO validated company was started by Dr. K.K. Birla, which ensures that they use high quality of raw material and modern machines for producing the fertilizers.
4. Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd.: Vadodara, Gujarat is the place from where it is operated, while this state government run company was started in 1967. Since then, they have crossed from producing phosphorus, fertilizers, urea and ammonia to also making nylons, fibers, plastic, industrial glasses as well as many other synthetic products.
5. Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd.: Based out of the city of dreams Mumbai, Maharashtra; it was founded in 1978. It is a Central Government establishment that is also the fourth massive producer of urea across the nation.
6. Fertilizers & Chemicals Travancore Ltd.: Founded in 1943 with head office in Kochi, Kerala; this nearly 80-year-old company is well-known for its quality across southern parts of the nation.
7. Deepak Fertilizers & Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd.: Founded in 1979 with corporate office based out of Pune, Maharashtra. This establishment is known for its high-quality products at low prices, while it is also one among the top 500 of Fortune companies in India.
8. Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd.: Established in 1976 with office based out of Bharuch, Gujarat; it is now under the government of India’s authority. They are producers of Urea and NPK.
9. Zuari Agro Chemicals Ltd.: Founded in 1973 and based out of the beautiful Goan territory, this nearly 50-year-old company manufactures high grade of DAP, Urea and NPK fertilizers.
10. Liberty Phosphate Ltd.: Founded in 1976 and based out of Mumbai, Maharashtra; they have 6 production units in India, while they primarily specialize in manufacturing Phosphate.