When it comes to planning a bathroom design, your choice of colour is one of the most important considerations that you will have to make. This will not only make the space feel warm and inviting to your family and visitors, it will help to increase the value of your home should you ever decide to sell. When we talk about colour in your bathroom, we are not only referring to the colour of the walls but also to the colour of your faucets, curtains sanitary items, towels and so on. You need to make sure that you use it appropriately.
- Red – Many homeowners tend to steer clear of using red in a bathroom design because they believe that it evokes feelings of anger. In actual fact, it will make the space feel warm and positive, although it does exude a masculine energy, which makes it better suited to a space that is mainly used by boys.
- Orange – When used in a bathroom, orange will radiate both warmth and happiness and is also known to offer emotional strength. You should use a lighter shade of orange (such as peach), as this colour is flatteringly for everyone. It is also associated with showing off, which is exactly what you’ll be doing on a night out.
- Yellow – Many homeowners will opt for shades of yellow because the colour is very uplifting and it offers feelings of hope, happiness, fun and cheerfulness. Many people feel that it awakens greater confidence and optimism, which is something that we could all do with when it comes to our appearances.
- Green – Even though green is seen as being an emotionally positive colour, many interior design consultants believe that it has the potential to make people in your bathroom feel unwell. When the right shade is used, however, it can help to create harmony and balance in our lives as well as our bodies.
- Blue – This is the ideal colour if you are trying to base your bathroom on a relaxing spa, as it is commonly associated with peace, tranquility and mental relaxation. This is especially true of the lighter and more pastel shades. The deeper shades of blue are also said to help create a calming and peaceful ambience.
- White – This is often the colour of choice for bathrooms because it is considered pure and the personification of cleanliness. It is also known to provide a sense of peace, calm, comfort, hope and to alleviate emotional upsets. When it comes to bathroom designs, many people who white as a symbol of new beginnings.
The above lists covers the colours that are commonly used in bathroom designs today, but there are plenty of others that you could choose to incorporate in your space. Black, for example, is becoming quite a popular colour to use in these spaces, but it is important to consider that it is often seen as being intimidating, unfriendly and unapproachable. Gold, on the other hand, is associated with a sense of sophistication and elegance; you should use it if you want to portray a wealthy and rich appearance.
If you are looking for stylish bathroom design & renovation services in Melbourne, Australia. Get in touch with Master Renovators.
Visit Us: http://www.masterrenovators.com.au/bathroom-renovations